Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is It Just Me??

I have been in an irritated mood all morning, and I think it's because I have had stuff build up over the past few weeks.

It drives me nuts when someone else (Shawn included...ask him, he will tell you) does my laundry or my dishes. We have things arranged in the kitchen a certain way and when someone else comes in and does dishes and puts them away where ever, it takes extra time to put everything back (once I find it) and creates unnecessary stress...

As much as I appreciate my MIL helping when she came to watch the kids Thanksgiving week so I could take Shawn to his appointment at Shepherd, while she was there, she did the dishes...and got bored and started doing my laundry. Like I said, I appreciate the thought, but had no idea that she was going to do this, so imagine the look on my face when we got home and she was folding laundry in the LR while the kids were watching TV. I knew it was going to take me several days to get it all sorted out because we had other stuff going on a the same time, and I did not have time to go back through and re organize everything. But I didn't say anything because she was helping....

I have just started getting things put away because I just left everything there temperarily until I had a moment to deal with it... she did explain to me how she had things arranged...ok, that's cool, but of course I forgot not long after because I was really tired.

It didn't take long to get the dishes back in order because we use everything all the time, but it was just unnecessary.

I started working on the laundry the rest of that weekend, but just couldn't motivate myself to put it away, so until this morning when Shawn was reorganizing the kitchen, I went in and grabbed the hanging laundry and started to put it away.

I sometimes thing that there is just something wrong with me because I will get upset with Shawn when he does dishes because he splashes water everywhere when he's doing them, and then water gets all over the floor (and generally the floor is still dirty and needs to be swept and mopped, so that means that there is MORE mess to clean, and with us walking in it)... I appreciate him wanting to help, but some things I think are best left for me to take care of.

I think that I'm irritated because he wants to have a hand in everything and some things he should just leave alone. Like, it worked well when he was letting me sweep because I could see the dirt and mess, and he would mop the floor.

I love when he cooks, because he does an awesome job...but the cleanup is a nightmare! I don't feel like there is a win-win!

It's utter chaos when there is no routine, and no system.

We went and got groceries earlier today and I was iritated because somewhere along the line, I lost my grocery list, and without the list, I felt grocery shopping was in vain because we'd just be winging it. We did, but I am hoping that I didn't miss anything we really needed. I have found that when I stick to a grocery list, we spend less and don't get things we don't need. Happens all the time.

I know things will eventually get worked out, but, it is very frustrating in the meantime.

No comments: