Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back in the Office...Again

I'm sure you remember my post last week when I told you about getting coached because I went over my time limit for my department. Well, I ended up back in the office again Monday night, and received a 'D' day, aka Decision Making Day (is the next step in the discipline policy which is where they give you a paid day off for you to 'think' about what you did, why you did it, and what corrective action you will take. You are then asked to write a statement to that effect.) and it was all over 1 minute of overtime! One minute! I was shocked in a way, but just agrivated because this was the second time in two weeks that I ended up in the office because I did something 'wrong'. Apparently the store manager told them that this is what needed to be done, there is to be NO OVERTIME...

See, I had checked my hours during the middle of the week and noticed that I had 9 minutes to kill, so I told my supervisor, and he told me to just take an extra 9 minutes of lunch. So, I did. Well, then, Friday came and without thinking, I clocked in a few minutes early and didn't make it to the timeclock in time, but didn't realize it until when they pulled me into the office.

I know I am not the only one that this has happened to. I know that several people have been written up, while others like myself, got a D day. They strongly encouraged me to use the Open Door Policy (our right to talk to a member of management, usually store manager or higher)to have it reversed.

So, when I got home from work, I told Shawn and if you know Shawn very well, I'm sure you can imagine how upset he was, and he even suggested to call home office. I took the kids to school, and went straight back out to the store and spoke with the store manager and explained the her what was going on, and she said she could not reverse it because then she'd have to reverse it for everybody. She said it came from her boss that there is no overtime. Not satistfied with this answer, I got the District Managers phone number and called him, and spoke with his secretary who told me she was going to put me in touch with Pat, the human resources manager.
Heard nothing from anyone all day, and finally Tuesday morning she calls and leaves a message. BTW, I ended up with 27 minutes to kill from my talk with Kim...

Long story short, I am waiting on a call back from Pat, and half wishing it all would end. So many changes, so many wrong changes..


Edited to add: I just received a call this morning from one of my supervisors who told me that the store manager took away all the write ups for overtime this morning. I don't know why, but I'm thanking God she did.

No comments: