Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Birthday Weekend and Thanksgiving Recap

Ok, maybe I will get to actually finish this post! Just technical difficulties and sometimes bad timing, but, here I am, at last!

We celebrated my 35th birthday last Friday at the Peking Restraunt, which used to be our weekly dinner 'date' with our friends (and Shawn's cousin) Angie and Chris. This week, my cousin Jenny joined us, and we had quite an evening.

We started the day off dropping the kids off at school and going to see New Moon, which started showing that morning. We left there and did some shopping before it was time to pick up the kids from school and then went to the Peking. I ended up having my Cosmopolitan and they brought me out a Sweet Tart shot, and sang Happy Birthday to me.

Afterward, Jenny gave me and the kids a ride home (we walked, which is a rule so I can have a drink if I choose), and Shawn rode over with Chris and Angie. We got back to the house and Jenny and I started talking about everything, and Shawn, Chris and Angie arrived right after. The guys stayed in the livingroom playing games once the kids went to bed, and us girls stayed in the kitchen and talked. It turned out to be quite an evening, one that I will remember for years to come!

The rest of the weekend, we basically stayed home and relaxed. Went to church Sunday morning, which we have been attending regularly for the past few weeks. It has been awesome, to say the least!

The kids went back to school Monday and Tuesday and Wedensday began their Thanksgiving Break. We spent Thanksgiving at Angie and Chris's and my in laws and Angie's dad were there as well.

I have truly enjoyed the last several weeks, and I am slowly learning to set my priorities and enjoy life to the fullest. I was telling one of my best friends that I am working on my book. I have been wanting to write this book for the past 10 years and just never did it. I guess it was a combination of fear of the bad memories, and the passage of time. In any case, I will get the book written, one chapter at a time.

I am also going to get going on decorating the house. We have lived here for over 2 years and have no pictures on the wall. I hope to soon change that.

I have realized that life is too short not to enjoy it and to make the best of it. That is why I am reaching out and getting in touch with fellow family members so that we can get reaquainted.

So, for now, I am enjoying life, enjoying my children, husband, and the rest of my family and being thankful everyday for all the blessings I have recieved.

No comments: