Monday, November 19, 2007

"Tis the Season..."

As most of you know, I work retail full time, eleven years now. Don't you know, each year is just as bad as the last. Last minute shoppers, lines at the register, on and on and on...

For the past several days, I have been in my dept MAYBE 30% of my shift for all three days. Saturday, it all started around 9:00 and I got to go to lunch around 12:15 or so. Come back from lunch and "code G" again. I got back off register and went back to my department after my last 15 minute break, came back and filled the diaper wall...or was that yesterday? All I remember clearly is that all I remember doing is running register. Today was the same, and Mondays usually aren't that busy, but, boy was it today...I was called up front around 10:00 and went to lunch at 12:15 (I only had about 15 minutes before it was going to prompt me to log off or it would lock me out- 6 hour law limit to garauntee you take lunch and you have to be off the clock for 30 minutes before you can clock back in...)

Anywhoo...that was my workday, sounds fun, huh?

Then, I come home. "Mom!", my two kids yell the minute I walk in the front door. My mom was still here (she brought my daughter home from school)...Shawn was watching TV...and was awake!

Too tired to fix the meatloaf I planned to make, so I made tacos...Shawn's favorite.
Shawn asked me if I picked up laundry detergent, milk and soda...I just looked at him...
...more to come, gota fix the kids popcorn, be back later... :)

No comments: